Labs and workshops
RRS Sir David Attenborough
A new polar research for Britain
Innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of science include reconfigurable laboratory space to meet evolving science needs over the lifetime of the vessel and docking stations for containerised laboratories.
- Containerised laboratories
- Science hangar
- Diver recompression chamber
- Wet labs
- Dry labs
- Data lab
Additionally, the RRS Sir David Attenborough will have a range of laboratory and scientific equipment on board.
- Spark-free refrigerator and freezer units down to -86°C
- Liquid nitrogen generator
- Uncontaminated seawater sampling systems and water purification systems
- Fume cabinets and fume hoods
- Laminar flow cabinet
- Gravity meter
- Inertial Navigation Unit outputting position, heading, roll, pitch, depth, velocity, and heave and connected to a GPS navigation system.