Putting people and prevention at the heart of our safety culture
In summer 2023 we launched our Safety Together campaign; a joined-up approach to safety that incorporates mental health and social wellbeing into our safety culture.
We know that our working conditions directly impact our mental health. When they are not good it can lead to human error, accidents, and misunderstandings. We want to make sure we have the right work conditions and environment to foster a safe culture and build resilience. We do this with continual learning, a focus on prevention and constant improvements for all aspects of the way we work. By sharing our experiences and knowledge we can all play a part in looking after our own and our colleague’s safety.
Physical Safety Prevention first: Creating a safety culture
- We put prevention at the heart of our health and safety culture.
- We prioritise identifying and addressing the potential hazards before they cause harm.
- We want all our colleagues and visitors to our sites to report safety concerns and near-misses, so we can take action to prevent future incidents.
- Colleagues should feel empowered to speak up and take action to protect themselves and their colleagues.
- Colleagues should know how to report a health and safety incident or near miss.
Mental Health: Take care of your mental wellbeing. It matters!
- Mental health is an important part of overall wellbeing, and it’s ok to prioritise it.
- All colleagues should take time for themselves and engage in activities that promote mental wellness, such as exercise, mindfulness and hobbies.
- Colleagues should reach out for support if they need it. Looking after mental health helps create a positive and safe workplace culture.
- Colleagues should take action if struggling and feeling under pressure.
Social Wellbeing: It’s everyone’s responsibility to help create a safe and respectful work environment.
- Speaking up and calling out unwanted behaviour can help promote positive behaviour.
- Let’s work together to encourage empathy, set boundaries and role model positive behaviour for a healthier and safer workplace for us all.
More information is available:
We have zero tolerance for bullying, harassment and discriminatory behaviour. Call it out if you experience or see behaviour that is inappropriate.