This webpage aims to guide you through the documentation that you need to complete before you go to Antarctica or join one of our Research Vessels for a science cruise. Please read all the guidelines and policy documents carefully before filling in the associated form(s).
The forms must be completed and returned to us 6-8 weeks in advance of your deployment.
The documents are available as either rtf format for which you will need a word processing package such as Microsoft Word, or in pdf format for downloading and printing, for which you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available free from the Adobe website.
Forms to complete and return
1. Antarctic personal Details/Acknowledgement Form: pdf | rtf
2. Polar Clothing Form: pdf | xls
(only for completion by those requiring BAS issue polar clothing)
3. Allergies Checklist: pdf | rtf
3. Personal Account Form: pdf | rtf
4. Visitors Charging Form pdf | rtf
5. Customer Creation Form pdf | xls
6. A phone card may need to be purchased in order to use phones whilst on BAS stations & BAS ships.
7. Communications whilst on board the SDA: pdf
Guidelines and Policy Documents
BAS Code of Conduct for those Living and Working in the Polar Regions: pdf | Microsoft form
BAS Policy on Alcohol and Drugs: pdf | rtf
Respect at Work: pdf | rtf
Personal Accounts Policy: pdf
Travel Information for 22/23 season
Travel To/From Antarctica: pdf
Making your own way home; Policy: pdf
Making your own way home; Questions and Answers: doc
Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
PST Information: pdf
Details of course providers can be viewed on the below link:
Medical insurance guidelines for Non BAS Staff: rtf
Medical Guidelines and Forms
For any queries relating to medical forms and policies please consult:
BAS Medical Unit (BASMU)
Tel: +44 (0) 1752 315220
1. Arctic Personal Details pdf | rtf