The BAS Transformation programme – Fit for the Future – aims to modernise, update and improve processes and systems across the operation to ensure the benefits of the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernisation programme are realised.
Our strategic priorities are to:
- Reshape science for more success
- Create an effective organisational structure that enables a skilled and expert workforce to flourish
- Realise the benefits from infrastructure modernisation and capital investment in BAS
- Deliver smarter, more efficient and integrated business systems and processes
- Embed environmental (Net Zero Carbon) and financial sustainability across the organisation
To realise the aspirations of the Antarctic Modernisation Portfolio, namely:
- enable and support frontier science
- invest now to reduce costs, improve environmental footprint, and enhance efficiency across all areas of BAS
- maintain a strong geopolitical presence through the provision of high-quality physical infrastructure and high impact outcomes from a world-leading science programme
- Assurance and compliance – to strengthen BAS’ safety organisation and to put safety at the front of everything that we do.
- New Operating Dynamic – to develop operational models to support introduction of single ship operations and new infrastructure.
- Enhance financial efficiency – to develop cost reporting and financial processes to meet wider audience needs.
- Grow skills and capability of our people – to develop a long term work force plan that supports benefits and future commitments.
- Reshape BAS science – to develop a long term vision for BAS science, and ensure it is aligned to new funding mechanisms.
- Digital Transformation – to streamline, integrate and rationalise business systems across BAS.
- Develop positive relationships – a robust communication plan to ensure we are meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders and strengthening links with the wider science community.
- Modernise organisational structure – to ensure we have the right people in the right place with the right skills.
Business Change Manager
16 January, 2020
Engineering, design and consultancy company Ramboll has been re-appointed as Technical Advisors for British Antarctic Survey (BAS), successfully winning the next phase of work in a series of projects to …
The RRS Sir David Attenborough, commissioned by NERC, built by Cammell Laird for operation by British Antarctic Survey, is one of the most advanced polar research vessels in the world.
The largest British Antarctic facility is a centre for biological research and a hub for supporting deep-field science.
King Edward Point is primarily a marine and fisheries research station. Owned by the Government of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (GSGSSI) and operated by British Antarctic Survey …
Bird Island Research Station is an important centre for research into bird and seal biology. Lying off the north-west tip of South Georgia, Bird Island is one of the richest …
Science, business and operational planning