The role of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Champion is to actively promote awareness of EDI issues and to enhance and embed EDI across BAS.
- To actively promote, celebrate and raise awareness of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues within and outside BAS.
- To support and encourage engagement in all equality initiatives.
- Share and promote best practice with the support from senior management, the Equality and Diversity Forum and the Staff Forum.
- Foster good relationships between all staff and students through promotion of existing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion related events or training.
- Engage and communicate regularly with staff and students at a local level on matters concerning Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The EDI Champions:
What is expected of the EDI Champions:
- Demonstrate their understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion and be willing to embed it proactively.
- Be able to maintain objectivity in supporting and sign-posting staff and students.
- Willing to collaborate and engage others across the department to spread best practice and opportunities to advance EDI.
- Willing to lead on and involve others in any projects that might enhance BAS’s EDI profile.
- Work with HR and the Staff Forum to produce E&D priorities supported by local action plans.