UK Arctic Science Conference 2023
- This event has passed.
We are pleased to announce that the next UK Arctic Science Conference will be hosted by the British Antarctic Survey with support from the NERC Arctic Office in Cambridge, 11 – 13 September 2023.
The online registration for the conference is open until September 6th!
The conference venue, online participation & accessibility:
The in-person event will be hosted at the BAS Aurora Innovation Centre in Cambridge. Here is some information on best ways to travel to BAS as well as a link to accommodation options in Cambridge. The conference will be hosted in a simple hybrid format over Zoom, and we will be looking for best practice to maximise online participation. You can get familiar with the venue and its accessibility on our website. Below are a few ways we can support individuals with different needs:
- Our venue has step-free access
- We can provide human assistance for guiding anyone with sight impairment
- Our conference room has an audio induction loop
- We will enable live captioning for all presentations
- We will provide guidance to all presenters about making their presentations accessible to different needs.
- We aim to build the programme with sufficient comfort breaks, and there is access to a separate wellbeing room.
If you have accessibility needs that could affect our planning, you will be able to let us know through the registration form or if you prefer you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation in Cambridge
You might want to check out the Cambridge University colleges for rooms via the link below. Fitzwilliam, Churchill and Robinson College in particularly are closer to BAS. We recommend to book accommodation as soon as possible due to limited availability. Check out college accommodation options via this link.
We look forward to welcoming you here in Cambridge!