New publication to celebrate NERC’s Anniversary.
To mark its 50th anniversary, NERC has produced Great science for a great future, a publication outlining just a few of the impacts of the research we support. These include:
- defending people and property from floods
- supporting international agreements to protect the ozone layer from human emissions
- protecting the UK’s peregrine falcons from poisonous pesticides
- underpinning efforts to reduce air pollution and deal with problems like acid rain and nitrogen deposition
- developing innovative new products that control harmful crop pests without harming the wider environment.