The original intention had been to establish a station in the South Orkney Islands in 1944 on Signy Island, but this was not achieved. In 1945 a hut was built at Sandefjord Bay, although there were insufficient personnel to occupy it. This has since been referred to as Station P, although there is no evidence for this in the official records. It was replaced by a new hut at Cape Geddes, Laurie Island (which became known as Station C) in 1946.
Position: Lat. 60° 37′ S, Long. 46° 02′ W
General location: Moreton Point, Sandefjord Bay, Coronation Island, South Orkney Islands
Built 19 Feb 1945. Last seen standing 6 Sep 1950. Collapsed (possibly blown down) by 1 Feb 1955.
Only debris remains.
For full listing of all station histories, see History of British stations and refuges.