I joined BAS towards the end of 2017 as Web Applications Developer, coming from a background in website development and technical support.
I research, design and maintain technical services for a range of internal (and occasionally external) users.
My focus is on web-based software and technology.
Some of the things I do include:
- Developing web services/APIs to support BAS’s data dissemination functions.
- Building/maintaining web applications that aim to expose data easily for it’s users.
- Providing technical assistance and support across a range of different software services.
- Advising stakeholders on the resource requirements and technical implications of current and proposed projects.
- Working with external contractors to help plan, deliver and maintain technical projects.
- Continually researching new technologies and industry best practices, to make our services better and aligned with government digital guidelines.