World Oceans Day at the National Maritime Museum
- This event has passed.
Meet a Polar Scientist
Date: 10th June 2023 (all day)
Location: National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
Find out what it takes to carry out vital climate research in some of the toughest conditions in the world. British Antarctic Survey scientists will be bringing both our expertise and our equipment to the National Maritime Museum this June, giving explorers of all ages a taste of what it’s like to be a polar scientist.
This family friendly celebration of our world’s oceans will feature live performances, expert talks and science demonstrations:
- Meet the scientists and find out everything you want to know about our changing Southern Ocean.
- Get up close and personal to our underwater robots and find out how they uncover the ocean’s secrets.
- Bed down in an Antarctic field camp, discovering how our polar scientists survive months on the ice.
- Try on our kit for size and fill the boots of a polar researcher.
- Talk to krill experts about these little known creatures that play a massive role in our global oceans.
Book your free tickets to the National Maritime Museum World Oceans Day on June 10th 2023 in Greenwich.