- This event has passed.
Webinar – UK climate policy, diplomacy, and the role of a green recovery; adaptation and resilience challenges; key developments in climate science.
16th July 2020, 0930-1230
DEFRA Minister of State, Foreign Secretary’s Special Climate Representative, Financial Conduct Authority Director, Committee on Climate Change Adaptation Lead, MetOffice Head of Climate Services, British Antarctic Survey Executive Director.
This is a webinar by invitation from Chris Lambert, Director of the WEF, for partner organisations and senior practitioner from policy, regulation, industry, investment and NGOs. It is part of the WEF Outreach Series, developed as a pro bono initiative in the national interest to help maintain continuity during the COVID-19 hiatus for a cross-sectoral community who together are responsible for the development, operation and strategic delivery of the UK’s long term Climate, Energy, & Sustainability objectives in the run up to COP26 and beyond.
- 0930-1000 Political challenges and opportunities ahead regarding our climate goals. Rebecca Pow MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, DEFRA
- 1000-1025 Green finance and recovery, incl. the role of climate-related disclosure in leveraging investment
Richard Monks, Director of Strategy, Financial Conduct Authority
- 1025-1050 Climate diplomacy in the countdown to COP26 – challenges and opportunities. Nick Bridge, Special Representative on Climate Change, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- 1100-1125 UK Climate change adaptation and resilience update. Kathryn Brown, Head of Adaptation, Committee on Climate Change
- 1130-1155 Key developments in climate modelling and their implications. Prof. Jason Lowe, Head of Climate Services, MetOffice
- 1155-1220 Polar climate science – annual update and wider implications. Dame Jane Francis, Executive Director, British Antarctic Survey