Assistant Environmental Manager
- Manage the Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Maintain, review, and update environmental management documentation, seeking input from the Environmental Working Group and BAS Management Team.
- Organise the biannual Environmental Working Group meetings.
- Undertake internal audits e.g., on laboratories and external suppliers.
- Facilitate externally accredited audits e.g., at Cambridge and on the ship.
- Manage the requirements and procurement of environmental items for stations.
- Communicate environmental best practise and deliver training in environmental affairs to staff.
- Develop environmental procedures, policies and strategies.
- Collate and present data on BAS’ environmental performance to relevant stakeholders, both internal and external (e.g., UKRI, NERC).
Skills: Environmental Auditing · Sustainable Procurement · Environmental Management Systems · Environmental Strategies · Waste Management · Oil Spill Response
Publications from NERC Open Research Archive
Hughes, Kevin A. ORCID record for Kevin A. Hughes, Boyle, Claire P., Morley-Hurst, Kate, Gerrish, Laura ORCID record for Laura Gerrish, Colwell, Steve R., Convey, Peter ORCID record for Peter Convey. (2023) Loss of research and operational equipment in Antarctica: Balancing scientific advances with environmental impact. Journal of Environmental Management, 348. 16 pp. 10.1016/j.jenvman.2023.119200