- Job reference:
- BAS 22/87
- Contract type:
- Fixed-Term Appointment (4 Years)
- £31,931 to £39,915
- We offer generous benefits
- British Antarctic Survey
- Closing date:
- 17 July, 2022 11:59 pm
BAS is looking for a Maximo Engineer with experience in maintenance planning. The chosen candidate will have experience using Maximo CAFM/CMMS software and the processes for managing system data, or have knowledge and understanding of BIM/ISO19650 from design, construction, handover and operation.
BAS is updating its Asset Management and Maintenance Management capabilities as part of an extensive Antarctic Infrastructure Modernisation Program (AIMP) at our Polar Station and in the UK.
The first project is to implement Maximo as its new CAFM/CMMS tool. You will be part of the Estate Team responsible for coordinating the development of the New Asset Registers along with Planning, Implementation and Management of the Maintenance Management Programme for all stations. This also entails reviewing the Estates Operating Processes and Procedures to support the Project Delivery. Going forward, you will be responsible for maintaining the; Digital Asset Register, PPM, Job Plans FM standards and work closely with the Facilities Engineers providing technical oversight, guidance, and supervision of the maintenance Programme within MAXIMO. You will also manage the process of project handover from the BAS Estates project team to the FM team. This will include project handover information in the forms of O+Ms, asset data collection for Maximo and the Common Data Environment, (CDE)
You will also support Maximo's role within Estates and help further develop Maximo functions such as stock management, procurement, and document control.
You will support the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernisation Program (AIMP) to deliver projects to BIM level 2/ISO 19650. You will be supporting Estates to get the most from BIM through the Asset Information Requirement (AIR) process. You will work with the BAS Project Management Office (PMO) team and communicate Estates needs through the life cycle of the project. Understanding of the BIM process, government soft landing and ISO19650 standards is required.
NVQ, HNC or BTEC in appropriate discipline in electrical mechanical or building services or relevant experience
- Implement/develop Maximo within Estates
- Develop Maximo data loading tools
- Manage and control the asset register, Data management
- Liaise with the infrastructure team, the contractors, and internal departments
- Serve as primary contact for Estates Maximo System Users and IT support
- Assist in adding, modifying, and granting access to Maximo System
- Active participation in supporting Maximo System Upgrade Projects
- Help develop COBie/IFC requirements for Maximo input
- Manage BIM documentation and processes for new infrastructure projects
- Part of the Estates team for the digital handover of new assets
- Any digital transformation works supporting the Estates team
- Maximo Superuser
- Experience in Facilities Management, Maintenance Planning and CAFM/CMMS software - Maximo
- Ability to communicate with staff of all levels
- Ability to work as an individual or part of a larger team
- Ability to forward plan and escalate issues
Publication date: 9 June 2022
Closing date for receipt of application forms is: 17 July 2022
At BAS, our vision is to be a world-leading centre for polar science and operations. Making our vision a reality depends on the excellence and diversity of our staff. We are committed to creating a workplace where all our staff can flourish and succeed. BAS is a Disability Confident employer, we are proud to hold a bronze Athena Swan award and we are a member of enei, the Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
Skills are listed as either Essential or Desirable. Desirable skills importance rating in parenthesis (1 is high, 5 is low)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate technical information to a wide range of individuals and groups both orally and in written form - Essential
- Report writing experience - Desirable 
Computer / IT skills
- Experience of electronic CAFM/CMMS systems (Maximo - Essential
- Adept in excel - Essential
- Ability to manage data and interpret data. - Essential
- Ability to use AutoCAD - Desirable 
- Ability to use REVIT or 3D models - Desirable 
- Understand COBie/IFC structure - Desirable 
- Should be enthusiastic about tackling a range of problems and determined to supply satisfactory solutions - Desirable 
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team. Ability to build productive relationships and work with a wide range of people including scientists, administrators and contractors - Essential
- Experience of time/ work management skills and ability to progress several tasks in short succession with minimal supervision. - Essential
- Project Management experience - Desirable 
- Able to interpret drawings - Essential
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities - Essential
- Can identify key issues that need to be addressed to achieve objectives and how to tackle them. - Essential
- Demonstrate understanding of Health & safety issues - Desirable 
- NVQ, HNC or BTEC in appropriate discipline in electrical mechanical or building services or relevant experience - Essential
- NEBOSH / IOSH Certification - Desirable 
Resource Management ability
- Forward plan resource and budgets - Essential
Skills / Experience
- Proven track record in Facilities Management/Planning using IBM Maximo software - Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the BIM/ISO19650 process - Essential
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH legislation - Essential
- Maximo Super user - Desirable 
In order to apply, please complete and upload all the application forms listed below. If you experience any issues in uploading your Application Form, please email us your complete application, making reference to the job reference and title.
Apply by post:
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Recruitment team is working remotely and cannot access the building. If you would like to apply for this job but cannot apply online, please contact us: [email protected]
If you need more information
- [email protected]
- +44 (0)1223 221400
- +44 (0)1223 362616
The information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements where necessary or, in the case of the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Questionnaire, to help BAS meet its equal opportunities policy.
The British Antarctic Survey will not share the information you provide with any third parties, and the information will be held securely by the British Antarctic Survey whether the information is in electronic or physical format. Please note that the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Questionnaire will be detached from your application prior to the short-listing of candidates for interview.
Unsuccessful applications will be securely destroyed 6 months after the end of the recruitment process (or 1 year after the end of the recruitment process in the case of Marine Staff and AEP. The applications of successful applicants will be retained as part of their personnel file.
Further information can be found in the information notice of NERC, our parent body.