The letter J was originally intended for a station on Alexander Island in the 1948/49 season which was never established. The base established at Prospect Point was originally known as Graham Coast until 1959.
Position: Lat. 66° 00′ S, Long. 65° 21′ W
General location: Prospect Point, Ferin Head, Graham Coast.
Survey and geology.
2 Feb 1957 – 23 Feb 1959.
Closed when local work completed
The hut was named Penola after the support ship of the British Graham Land Expedition.
Removed during March – April 2004.
For full listing of all station histories, see History of British stations and refuges.