Position: Lat. 64° 46′ S, Long. 64° 05′ W
General location: Arthur Harbour, Anvers Island, Palmer Archipelago
Survey and geology.
28 Feb 1955-10 Jan 1958. Open in support of air facility 1969-1971. Skiway on Marr Ice Piedmont used 1969-1973 and then intermittently until 15 Nov 1993, and once in Dec 1999.
Closed in 1958 when local work completed. Air operations transferred to Adelaide (Station T) in 1973 when the skiway deteriorated.
The hut was loaned to the US Government 2 July 1963 and converted into a biological laboratory in Jan 1965 for use by 1956/57 American scientists at the nearby Palmer Station. Destroyed by fire while being renovated by BAS on 28 Dec 1971.
Destroyed. Debris was removed by the members of the US Antarctic Program in 1990/91. Only concrete foundations remain.
For full listing of all station histories, see History of British stations and refuges.